Monday 20 July 2015

Appreciation. Looking to the lighter side

Hello!!!!!! 
How are you going? I trust you’ve had a beautiful, joyful week?

Many moons ago I posted a topic called “Want to stretch your mind? Start with you toes!”
This week I want to revisit the paradigm of foot reading, but in the intention of shifting your perspective to a more positive slant.


8 years ago, while sitting all day in a cold Canberran house studying for my final exams at university, I developed the most incredible set of chilblains. I had numerous chilblains on every single one of my toes… Oops!
Of course, I had no idea what they were, what was causing them, or what was happening to me, so I eventually went to a Doctor. The doc just looked at my toes, looked at me and said “have you ever heard of chilblains? Go buy some more socks!”  ROFL!!! Very helpful.

What I was also led to believe at the time, was that once you’ve had chilblains, the tissue is slightly scarred, so you keep getting them easily thereafter. And I did. I’ve had them every winter since, without fail.

But! This year, with the new knowledge I have in how my feet talk to me, and taking it further, how my body talks to me, I see things quite differently.
Instead of just seeing a chilblain appear and go “Ugh! How did this happen, I’ve been keeping my feet warm!?”
I’m now like “Ooh, that’s on my ‘past feelings’ toe. I’ve been working through emotional stuff lately, awesome! My beautiful toes are helping me let it go by bringing it to the surface for healing!”

Now, our beautiful, intelligent bodies (not just our feet!) are helping us out all the time. The question is how observant we are to this help, and how appreciative we are. The diagram below roughly sketches out how the vertical zones work on our feet. These same 5 zones exist as horizontal zones across the feet as well, but for now, let’s focus on the vertical zones. J



For those of you familiar with Chakra, they work in much the same way.
Our big toes (purple) represent the top 3 chakra (Crown, Third Eye, Throat). This toe can represent ‘Knowledge and thought patterns’.
Our second toes (green) represent our Heart Chakra: representing ‘Feelings’.
The third toe (yellow) is our Solar Plexus Chakra: it’s all about ‘action and our sense of worth’.
The fourth toe (orange) matches with our Sacral Chakra, and is all about ‘communication.
Our beautiful little toes (red) resonate with our Root Chakra and thus can represent our relationships to ‘family and society’.

There is also meaning to one side of the body to the other. 
The Left side of our body represents the “Present” (the Now), and can also represent our inner feminine nature.
The Right side of our body represent the “Past”, and also our inner masculine nature.


I’ve been doing a lot of emotional and spiritual development work lately, and nearly every time I’ve had a big epiphany regarding my healing, my body has given me a parallel physical experience. For instance, I’ve had waves of chilblains this year – amusingly – as my feet have been kept the warmest they’ve been in years of late. But they haven’t been caused by the cold this time. And hey, even if they had, they’ve given me even more excuses (though I don’t need them), to soak my feet in delicious, therapeutic aromatherapy baths!

Just to clarify though, these are my specific experiences in my personal journey. Not everyone has physical manifestations on their bodies when there is stuff coming and going from their emotional lives, but I believe this information is worth knowing. Any tool we can provide ourselves with to look for the positive side to something we would normally complain about is only ever going to help us out.

It’s like looking for the silver lining of those clouds. Though to be fair to clouds, they are so beautiful in their own right they don’t need any more silver lining than they naturally have!


So my GEM for you this week – look for the silver lining. I’ve covered this gem in different posts before, but its so beautiful and important that here it is again. Plus, ‘tis the season to forget how much our body loves us, and how it is always working to keep us in a state of delightful wellness.
·       *   If you catch a cold – be grateful for the rest your body is encouraging you to take. Be grateful for the opportunity to snot out whatever it is your body wants out! XD Be grateful for the further opportunity to strengthen your immune system!
·        *  If you get chilblains – do as I do. Look where they are located and be grateful for them helping you release some old block you’re ready to let go of.
·        *  If you stub your toe – which toe was it? Are you getting in your own way somehow? Or going in a direction you’re not actually comfortable with?


Recognise the brilliance of your body, and learn to love and appreciate it, just a little bit more than you already do!

And hey, if my perspective above on looking for meaning in body parts is a bit far-out for you, I totally respect and encourage that! To run parallel for you, just remember that positive delusion is one of the best kept secrets for successful people, in life and business. Think about what you want. Believe it. Truly believe it is already yours. And all of a sudden, easily, it’s yours!



In love and light, have a peaceful, joyful week.

Annalise




No comments:

Post a Comment